Monday, March 30, 2015

Cooking Attempts: Pasta with white sauce and chicken

Wee. Made my first cream based pasta dish today. I referred to some recipes on the internet and the recipe on the back of the all purpose cream pack for some inspiration. lol



Ingredients:
200g penne
1/3 cup all purpose cream
1/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup of quickmelt cheese
2 eggs
300g sliced chicken breasts
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
black olives (optional)
salt & pepper to taste

serves me three

Rough steps that I probably should not forget
1. cook penne in pot (12 minutes); set aside
2. mix the cream, milk, cheese, eggs in a bowl
3. saute garlic and chicken
4. Add in the sauce and mix
5. Add in the pasta and mix

Notes:
  1. Initially thought I didn't have enough sauce but it turned out okay afterwards.
  2. Still need to figure out how to manage that sauté setting on the induction cooker so I avoid overcooking ze garlic.
  3. Should probably choose another cheese next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment