Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tell me again

When age is but a number
When a thousand words are compressed in the slight curve of your mouth
When the sight of you makes all else cease to exist
But that all fades with one small action

And there it rises again
In the cold dank night of our solitude
Hands clasped to the side
Heat emanating from a thousand miles of cables

Welcome home to the world you once left behind
A biosphere of hungry eyes and starving mouths
This confinement is unbearable

Find your escape and sin again
Find that release that has been chained
Keep them all at bay by a strand of light

So tell me again
When I am but a mere particle to be crushed for science
When the world burns, would you still dance with me?
Or would you push me back home to that world I'd rather leave behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment