Monday, December 31, 2012

The 2012 Year Ender

Quite an eventful year methinks.
  • Started the year in love, a love that seemed mired with struggles despite the happiness and contentment there
  • Pondered on finding a new job due to future financial concerns and said as much to the bosses during the first quarter of the year
  • Spent time in Davao for work and reconnected with one of my godparents
  • Finally decided, in a small apartment in Davao City, to resign from my job by midyear, after weighing the pros and cons of leaving a company I had been with for four years
  • Lost love shortly after my return from Davao, but found something better -- acceptance
  • [insert typical pick up the pieces of your life things here]
  • Near year end, I finally got a new job, which led to me singing my heart out and jumping off a stage as part of the company Christmas party presentations -- singing live in front of a large audience is now checked off my invisible bucket list
  • Compiled fragmented stories I've written over the years and started one that I seriously believe I should finish
Through it all, I will always be thankful for those pillars in my life -- friends and family and a spirit dog named Kenji

Cheers to a year of change and struggle and in the words of Outsourced (TV Series):
"Jolly Vindaloo Day. May your life be filled with flavor"

No comments:

Post a Comment